Friday, April 1, 2011

Weapons of MASS destruction...

A couple of weeks before I had Trenton, Matt took the kids out to runs some errands. When they returned, Tyler came up to me and held out his hand which was full of hair and said, "Here mom, it's Delanie's hair." I totally blew him off thinking she had taken her ponytail out and ripped out a wad of hair in the process. (Which has happened before). I told him to just throw it away. Then Matt says, "no Jaime, you need to listen to him." At that point I saw Delanie...and yes, the inevitable happened. Something that all moms fear a little, because it seems to happen at least once in every family...her bangs were cut!!!! I stopped and said, "you cut your hair?!?!? How, with what, when???" Then Matt says, "with Tyler's pocket knife, but Jaime think about it, Delanie doesn't know how to use Tyler's pocket knife scissors..." That's right, my almost 9 year old son cut his little sister's bangs, with his beloved pocket knife, while driving in the car. And why, you might ask, he says she asked him to do it. :) Pah-lease, I am sure my 2 year old said, "Hey Tyler, my older and wiser brother. Why don't you put those fancy pocket knife scissors to work over here on my beautiful hair!" THEN, after sitting down to talk to him about it, I go out to the car to get something, and notice a wad of Brinley's hair in the car as well. Why he thought to cut both of the girls hair and not his own is beyond me.

Now, I do have to admit, I couldn't help dying in laughter. The scenario was just too funny, but Tyler never saw me laughing about it. So, my daughter who had the prettiest locks of a 2 year old (before):
ended up looking like this:
The carnage:
Needless to say, I was able to cut a little thicker bangs to cover it up a bit.

The moral of the story is, just when you think your kids are becoming old enough and mature enough to carry "weapons of mass destruction," THINK AGAIN! :)

4 comments:

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

Just think of it as a natural part in the bangs!!
But seriously, anything would fall short of how nice her hair looked before!
Robb

Kimmie said...

Hahaha! Glad you could laugh about it!

aprilaleman said...

I never realized it was so bad... nicely done with the cover up. You should work for the C.I.A. or something.

Heidi said...

NICE! See with your kids injuries and so for as well, it always makes me feel better. You did do a good job fixing it though. I'd probably have chopped them ALL off short and teach em a lesson...ha ha ha