For the last couple of years we have gone to Oak Glen to pick apples in the fall. It is always so much fun to enjoy the fall festivities and pick some great crisp apples. You can also pick pumpkins, and if you go at the right time there are even raspberries to pick too. Last year was the perfect time, it was cold and really felt like fall. My family had never gone before and really wanted to since we talked it up so much, so this year we went again. My mom and Patrick joined us, Shaun and Rachel had gone the weekend before. This year the experience was a little different mainly because it was HOT! It was still fun just a little different or can I say a little miserable. :) Always fun though to be out with the family. Then later that week I went on a field trip with Brinley's preschool to a pumpkin patch, real fun too just HOT and windy! What's up with this weather, isn't it October?!? Crazy. It was fun to be with her, they had animals of every kind, a corn maze, (that's always fun with 3 year olds), rides, lots to do. Welcome fall, I mean any day now, and enough of the 100 degree weather. :) (And yes, in Brinley's school picture I am the loser mom that forgot to put her in her school field trip shirt...great!)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Fall fun
For the last couple of years we have gone to Oak Glen to pick apples in the fall. It is always so much fun to enjoy the fall festivities and pick some great crisp apples. You can also pick pumpkins, and if you go at the right time there are even raspberries to pick too. Last year was the perfect time, it was cold and really felt like fall. My family had never gone before and really wanted to since we talked it up so much, so this year we went again. My mom and Patrick joined us, Shaun and Rachel had gone the weekend before. This year the experience was a little different mainly because it was HOT! It was still fun just a little different or can I say a little miserable. :) Always fun though to be out with the family. Then later that week I went on a field trip with Brinley's preschool to a pumpkin patch, real fun too just HOT and windy! What's up with this weather, isn't it October?!? Crazy. It was fun to be with her, they had animals of every kind, a corn maze, (that's always fun with 3 year olds), rides, lots to do. Welcome fall, I mean any day now, and enough of the 100 degree weather. :) (And yes, in Brinley's school picture I am the loser mom that forgot to put her in her school field trip shirt...great!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe how big those pumpkins are!!!! How do you like being at home with the kiddos? Are you guys going to St. George for Thanksgiving?
Ha ha ha... I didn't even notice the "fieldtrip shirts" until you said something, then I had a nice good laugh!
Post a Comment